Friday 3 October 2014

Nostalgia....The Tattoo Choker


A wave of memories came flooding back to me this week when I walked into Topshop and spotted the black tattoo choker hanging on the jewellery stand. It's a scary feeling when you reach an age where a certain trend in fashion comes full circle and re- surfaces!

When I was about 10/11 years old and at primary school, the tattoo choker was the accessory that all young girls needed to be seen wearing. I remember my collection not only included black, but also a very fetching multi-coloured number and I think a bright pink too.
Unfortunately they weren't allowed to be worn at school, but come the weekends and own clothes days...(best days ever!)...they could be seen everywhere. This was much to my mum's dismay, who frankly just didn't get why they looked so cool!

Now, who remembers the shop Tammy Girl? The trendiest shop in the late 90's and early 'naughties' of course. I believe this is where I purchased a good few of my tattoo chokers back in the day, along with my Groovy Chick t-shirt and embroidered flair jeans. I know, we all looked amazing back then...eek!

It amazes me how fashion re-invents old trends and ideas but this is one I just didn't expect to pop up again, even with the big 90's revival going on at the moment.
I think for me they hold so many memories of an innocent age, when I was just starting to try and find my own image and enjoy following fashion and feeling very grown up if I did. However now at 25 years old, I don't think I would be able to pull off the tattoo choker in the same way...besides, it wouldn't look the same without the Groovy Chick top!

What do you all think? Love or loathe the little elasticated chokers?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig