Thursday 22 October 2015

My Everyday Makeup Products

Even though I am a professional makeup artist, I still get up most days and like everyone else I reach for a certain few favourite products time after time. I can be super creative with a new face in front of me and I adore playing around for hours and experimenting. But let's be honest, who has the time to play every morning? I really wish I did!

So I thought I would share with you what these current makeup must-haves are for me:



Skin

I have already posted previously about my love for Make Up Forever's HD Foundation, but our relationship is still going strong. As I said before, I haven't experimented a lot with foundations on myself as I often don't enjoy the feeling on my skin. However I haven't felt the need to change as it suits me perfectly. I would still highly recommend it to anyone and use it a lot on my clients.

I have also now added the Make Up Forever Pro Finish powder to my makeup bag too. This one was on my mum's recommendation and it's been great. It is actually advertised as a powder foundation and has the option of being applied wet or dry to create different looks and coverage. I never apply too much of this, but I find having it in my handbag during the day, it's perfect to get rid of any shine like a normal translucent powder, but it also tops up my base at the same time keeping it even. Multi-purpose!

The final product I use on my skin is the Clinique Cheek Pop in the shade Pink Pop. I have always been a 'pink person' in terms of my preference for blush and this is a really soft pretty colour. It gives you a glow without being too false, although the intensity can be built. The texture of the product is also lovely and feels like satin on your skin.


Eyes

The Naked 3 by Urban Decay is definitely one of my most used palettes. It can create the most subtle wash of natural colour for the day, or a sexy smokey eye for a night out. I know if I have this with me, I'm sorted.

Next to be applied is Benefit's They're Real! Push-up Liner. I am a girl who loves my eyeliner and am very rarely seen without it on. It is also almost always a winged liner, or cat flick, which I chose to wear. This suits my eye shape best I believe and doesn't even need eyeshadow with it to create a statement look. I find Benefit's liner to last absolutely ages in the tube but also all day on my eyes. It is super black in colour too which is great....there's nothing worse than thinking you have bought something black, but it actually looks really feeble and almost grey...yuk!

The final touch is my Mally Instant Impact Mascara. It was my mum again who discovered Mally on QVC one day, and I'm not sure why I love this mascara so much, but I just do. It thickens and lengthens my lashes and is ultra black again. It also never goes clumpy and the wand separates the lashes beautifully. Mally is a total doll too...


Lips

So my finishing touch to my whole everyday look is my MAC Lovelorn lipstick. I have shopped around for many a pink lipstick in my time but this always seems to be my favourite and what I end up reaching for. It is super moisturising on my lips, which I adore, and lasts pretty well too. It isn't too much of a barbie pink either, whilst still being fairly light and bright. I must admit a have a few of these....so one is always in my handbag.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig