Monday 25 April 2016

My Remedy For A Bleached Scalp



Anyone who wasn't lucky enough to be born Scandinavian and keep their super white blonde hair past the age of 5 ( I can dream!), will probably have considered or gone through with a full scalp bleach at some point in their lives. Especially if you are a fan of creating the unicorn/mermaid look, like I am, and colouring your locks a beautiful pastel shade.
I have always been a highlights kinda girl myself. Even whilst working in some top West End salons, where I could have taken the plunge and have experts experiment on my hair free of charge...I was always too scared.
A few months ago when I decided to go full on pink, I realised that my dream shade was just not going to be achievable with merely highlights alone. My hairdresser, who I completely trust, suggested we went for it and in a moment of bravery I said yes.
I must admit that I haven't looked back since. The finished blonde is so much whiter and cleaner, and seeing that I am a mousey blonde naturally, the re-growth isn't too bad either.
One thing that I have found though is that my scalp does get sensitive for a few days after being bleached. This is to be expected, and for me; a beauty addict, it is definitely worth it for the result. Beauty over pain and all that jazz!

Last week when I had my roots touched up and got home, I started to feel the tightness over my scalp and it felt quite dry. Almost like a mild sunburn. I decided to try and concoct my own remedy to soothe it. What I tried really seemed to work for me, so I wanted to share it with you all.



In a bowl I mixed 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and then a few pumps of Propolis Gel from SBC. I then massaged this onto my scalp and left it on overnight, before washing my hair in the morning.


I'm sure you have all heard the amazing benefits of coconut oil by now, but honestly it really is so great for your skin. It's moisturising and gentle and completely natural, which is a huge plus.
If you haven't heard of Propolis Gel yet, then it is also a fantastic nourishing skincare product. It is created by bees and is used as a coating to build their hives. For thousands of years it has been used for its healing properties, so I thought this was a must for my concoction. It is sold by SBC as a water-based gel, so it isn't sticky and easily absorbed into the skin. It is also anti-bacterial, and a natural antibiotic. It is recommended for soothing sensitive, chapped skin and aiding the healing process.

Once applied, it instantly felt cooling and soothing, and the tightness almost disappeared. The next morning after washing, I also noticed a big difference to my scalp. It was much softer and much less sensitive, with almost no dry areas. It also was completely back to normal within 2 days, which I was very happy with.

So if you are a regular hair bleacher, or are considering going for it but worried about the affects, then give this remedy a try and let me know how it works for you.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig