Friday 15 January 2016

Living Proof Prime Style Extender


So I have heard a lot about the brand Living Proof and the science behind their products for a while now. Recently though, after a visit to Cult Beauty, I decided to take the plunge and order myself the Prime Style Extender.
Anything that can really help to protect my hair and keep it in shape and style for longer is definitely in my good books.

Having recently bleached my hair even more than usual to achieve a pink colour, it needs a lot of care and nourishment, especially on the ends. I usually use a smoothing serum before drying, but earlier this week I applied the primer and the primer alone, I wanted to see how it left my hair feeling with nothing else added.
Once I dried my hair, I then also ran my GHD's through to give it a sleeker appearance. My first impression was good, however it didn't feel as moisturised as usual, which I think I was expecting.


But later in the day something happened which really impressed me. It started to hailstone very heavily in my town, and after trying to hide in the car for as long as possible, I finally made a dash through the storm to reach my house. I was not a happy bunny as you can probably imagine. I was due to leave the house again very soon to head out for lunch and thought I would now have to tie my hair up.
However this wasn't the case....the hailstones slid of my hair and even though it felt pretty damp in places, it dried in the exact same straight style. Now I will just add that my hair is naturally wavy and any touch of rain, or anything wet for that matter, will cause at least a kink or frizzy patch to appear..so this was pretty exciting!

The next magical moment came the next day. I went to the gym the following morning and tied my hair into a high ponytail. I did mainly resistance training, so I wasn't super sweaty to be fair, but my hair stayed tied up until the evening. When I finally released the band, there was no kink or band mark! I repeat no kink or band mark!! I'm not sure how this is even possible but I was very happy.
Just a quick brush through and it looked pretty perfect still.

So in summary, as I think you can probably already tell, I really loved this product. Next time I am excited to layer it with my usual serum and I think it could be added to my favourite styling products!
I will definitely have to try some more of the Living Proof range.



Here is a link to the Prime Style Extender:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig