Thursday 28 November 2013

Philip Kingsley - Magic for Blondes




When I was born I had brown, straight hair. When I turned two years old I had blonde curls.
During 1989-1991 I actually forecast the current trend of ombre hair don't you know! Quite the fashionista bambina! With my blonde roots which grew through I was a trend setter...And by the way I am aware that it is normally darker roots but it totally still counts :)

Ever since I turned blonde, year by year I sadly faded like many of us Brits, into a mousey, dirtier colour. Why I couldn't have been blessed with beautifully bright Scandinavian blonde genes I don't know. Not that I'm jealous or anything, honest *sobs *
So since I turned sixteen I have been a highlight addict.
I have dabbled between various shades of blonde over time – the more golden/natural ones were most likely to have been forced upon me to help strengthen my poor bleached hair.
But I can't deny my true love for a white blonde, or as close to as I can get with my length hair. The icy tones really do it for me!
However, as you can imagine this shade doesn't stay as bright or clean for the entire 3 months that I try to leave it until I hit the salon again (emphasise on try- I almost never last that long).
It needs looking after, not only to hold the colour but also to keep it in the best condition possible, especially as I want to keep my hair long.


To do this I religiously use Philip Kingsley's Pure Silver shampoo and conditioner.
It's a well known fact that a purple product can help to keep those pesky brassy tones at bay but this is so far my favourite one.
The violet hues and optical brighteners in the formula really work to leave my hair looking pretty darn shiny-something which is hard to achieve on us bleach lovers!
I find it to be a great moisturising combination too, a huge plus for me as my porous locks are always extremely thirsty.
Lastly they both have a lovely fresh, lavender smell which isn't too overpowering.
My mum also swears by the Pure Silver range. We have both tried and tested many others but always come back and it definitely works for me. I highly recommend!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig