Wednesday 4 December 2013

Winter Hats vs. Fringes

Me aged 3 with my fringe!


For my whole life I have been the owner of a full fringe or 'bangs' as you call them in America.
Why do we not use this word? It's awesome!
It has become part of my image and almost a comfort blanket to me, as it is all I know.
I did ballet for many years and the tight bun with slicked back, gelled hair that we had to wear for our exams still haunts me to this day...I definitely suit a fringe, not so much without!
From my experience I believe that everyone can suit one. In fact, it can be extremely flattering, softening harder features and hiding a multitude of sins (who needs botox when you can just have a quick snip aye!)
However...my fringe and I do sometimes have a love hate relationship.
Some mornings, purely to upset me, it decides to adopt the personality of a teenager and turn all kinky and rebellious on me. It does the complete opposite of what I want and us girls know that a bad hair day equals a bad day full stop. I wonder if fringes in America behave themselves more because they have a way cooler name? Hmmm...

Another frustration for me is hats. I love a good winter bobble hat or a beanie, love the way they look on the model in the picture, love they way they look so warm and cosy....but on me the dream isn't a reality.
I like my fringe to be long and quite heavy but the minute it is flattened under a hat I then cannot see, which isn't too ideal. The wispy ends poking out make me look super silly and when parted slightly I look like a member of a 90's boyband!
I am forever optimistic though and am still on the hunt for that perfect hat that compliments my outfit rather than ruins it...wish me luck!

Here are few hats that I have been lusting over from Accessorize this year...just to torture myself further.


                                                                       





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig