Monday 10 March 2014

Deliciously Ella - My New Obsession



Like most of us girls I do have the tendency to be a bit of a yo-yo dieter. Never to the extremes, but I go through phases of being totally motivated to be healthy and get fit and then one piece of chocolate cake at a time I slowly remember how much I love the forbidden tastes and slip back into bad habits..it's easily done!
However, without fail I then feel majorly disappointed in myself for ruining my hard work.
Recently though I have realised that as much as I enjoy to fit into my 'skinny' jeans and love the 'have you lost weight?' comments, whenever I have been on a health kick I really do notice the difference in my skin, hair, energy levels and mental wellbeing too.
It's amazing how different you can feel and I was reminded of this by discovering the Deliciously Ella blog and now app!
Her story is incredible and it does make a lot of sense how natural, un-processed foods can be so good for you and easy to digest. Plus her recipes all look so blooming yummy!
I have the past week stocked up and filled my kitchen with all of Ella's essentials.
Here are some of my creations:

Gluten free pasta with a tomato, basil and green pepper topping

Roasted butternut squash with dried cranberries and quinoa




Baked Banana, Blueberry and Raisin Oatmeal....so amazing!


Sweet potato, tenderstem broccoli with chilli flakes and Ella's red pepper and paprika hummus

I have also been regularly making Ella's raw brownies which I am now totally addicted too...in fact I have a batch setting in the freezer right now...exciting times!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig