Thursday 24 March 2016

The Glamour Beauty Festival



Usually I am the worst at getting out of bed in the mornings. It is just not for me, and I will stay put under the covers until the last possible minute.
However a couple of Sundays ago, I was more than happy to jump up and get going bright and early. I was excited and raring to go for a morning at the Glamour Beauty Festival.
I had booked tickets about a month before with my friend Emma..who also has a blog here...and I had spent the Saturday scrolling through Instagram to see what everyone had posted from the day before, on the first day of the festival.

I absolutely love going to events, and beauty specific ones in particular. I also love my monthly Glamour magazine, so this was right up my street!



The festival was held at the Saatchi Gallery in Chelsea. I must admit, I was intrigued to see how this would work and how it would be laid out, as I have mostly just been to large event and conference centres for these type of days. However I was not disappointed. As you entered the gallery you walked through a passageway where the walls were covered in quotes from the best beauty muses.
Each floor was dedicated to either hair, makeup, skincare, nails etc, so it was easy to find your way around and very well organised with plenty of space.


I was even papped on the day taking a picture of the beauty quotes wall....I'm on the Glamour website with my Lulu Guinness lipstick phone case!



The day was split up into two sessions for attendees, the morning pass gave me between 10am-1.30pm to explore and play, which I do think was the perfect amount of time. It also gave you the choice of a talk to attend. I chose to listen to the Beauty X Social Media discussion, which featured the lovely Fleur De Force, Estee Lalonde and Alessandra Steinherr; who is the beauty director at Glamour. The chat was hosted by Jim Chapman, who did a great job of navigating the talk. 
I was really inspired by these gorgeous women and it gave me a real boost by showing me what you can achieve if you work hard. For someone who is probably a little too obsessed with reading blogs and watching YouTube, it was pretty exciting to hear from these four in real life.


Afterwards, Emma and I were eager to have a play and make the most of the complimentary treatments available. I had a manicure with Rimmel, using their new Gel Power polishes, I had my hair braided with the Braid Bar and I also had a makeup consultation with Laura Mercier to find my perfect highlighter.



To top all of this lovely pampering off, there was a free glass of bubbly for everyone and also a goodie bag to take home worth £160, which was filled with so many wonderful brands and products....including one of my favourites...a full sized Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish!!

I had a really fun day with Glamour and was super impressed with their first ever beauty festival. I would highly recommend anyone who loves beauty and a pamper to go along next year.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig