Sunday 22 November 2015

Recent Book Binge



When I was little and my mum used to take my older brother and I to the library, I used to be an embarrassment. I really wanted to get involved and choose books, but instead of choosing I was chewing. Yes, you read that correctly, I used to chew and bite my books. Apparently I enjoyed the taste and there were often corners missing!
My mum had to threaten me that unless I stopped eating them that I could no longer take library books out. It's safe to say that this is, luckily, a habit that I gave up.

As I grew up I never really enjoyed reading however...perhaps this was a mental scaring from my past! But when I reached my twenties this changed and even though I would definitely not call myself an avid reader, I have become much more acquainted with the likes of Waterstones and really like delving in.

In fact I have been on quite the book buying binge lately, so I thought that I would share with you what I have chosen to buy...and I promise all of the corners are still in tact!


As you can see the majority of these books are beauty related as, yes, I am obsessed. 
I have been really loving Lisa Eldridge's Face Paint so far. When I trained initially in hair and makeup for film and television, we researched a lot into the different eras and learnt how to create the iconic styles and trends of those times. So it's very cool to now understand where those trends began and how they created their makeup and products back then.

War Paint is actually a book that Lisa Eldridge recommended on her channel, I am yet to start reading, but very excited by this one too.

Beauty Book by Neil's Yard is something great to tap into every now and then. I have become interested in natural ingredients recently and creating your own products, so hopefully I can play around with this idea soon.

#GirlBoss. I am aware that I am very late to the party on this one, but better late than never right?
Starting up my own business would be a dream one day and I love that recently there has been an emphasis on women entrepreneurs and some great content to inspire us to do it.

According to YES is my latest purchase after seeing the lovely Dawn French on Alan Carr Chatty Man the other week. I have already started reading and am so far really loving it. I can really picture what Dawn describes and can feel myself in New York with the characters. It will be interesting to see what mischief occurs throughout.

If you have found any great reads lately or have any recommendations then please let me know! 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig