Thursday 12 November 2015

Oniro by the Sea, Cyprus



This September I was lucky enough to visit Paphos in Cyprus, for a gorgeous end of summer holiday.
What made the trip even luckier was that my boyfriend's mum lives out there, so we got to hear about all the best places to go, away from the tourists. Now I love visiting all the top sites, don't get me wrong, but there is something quite attractive about ordering your food from a menu which isn't covered in pictures of your upcoming food! 

I stayed in Cyprus when I was about 12 on a family holiday, but this was a completely different experience for me this time around. I think as you get older you appreciate little things more, like a fantastic meal and a beautiful setting. Before I left for the airport, my mum told me that Cypriot food was her ultimate favourite, so I was excited to try it out.
One place in particular which stood out to me was a little hidden gem called 'Oniro by the Sea'.

Honestly, this place is beautiful. It is a small, family run restaurant, in a quiet location overlooking the sea and a shipwreck. The building itself looks like a cute little blue beach hut, and you sit on tables which have been placed on decking with a view of the sea.
Whilst we were in Cyprus we visited twice, once for lunch and another for dinner.

The food is simple, but oh so tasty and flavoursome! We had salads for lunch and the dinner was a beast of a meat sharing platter. One thing that I just adored also was my drink.....a mint and apple cooler which was so fresh and thirst quenching on a hot day. 

I would highly recommend stopping by if you are visiting Cyprus any time. One inside tip...if you are going for dinner, arrive about 6pm. It might sound early but it gets very busy because it has the most beautiful view of the sunset each night. Perfect!





Here are a few more of my pictures from Cyprus this year. I am now craving the sun again, so apologies if it gives you the holiday blues too. On the plus side it's almost Christmas right?! ;)


We made this Halloumi salad ourselves in our apartment
The view from our balcony
This isn't the clearest image, but I loved this Missguided dress <3




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig