Tuesday 17 November 2015

Winter Lips: Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution


The past week I have been trying to step out of my lipstick rut and put my Mac Lovelorn to one side, out of reach. I want to try to be more experimental and as the winter is looming closer, trial some darker shades.

A range which I have really fallen for is Charlotte Tilbury's Matte Revolution. I am already a big fan of top makeup artist Charlotte's products, having been using them for a while on my clients. They photograph beautifully and sit on the skin so well. I have seen a lot of models with makeup bags full of the rose gold packaging too, which FYI is stunning!
The vintage, art deco style cases are really pretty and instantly make the brand look high end. To go along with this the prices are also high, I am aware, at £23 a lipstick, but I do think they are worth it if you are a makeup lover.

I personally usually don't love a matte lipstick as I find them very drying on my lips, and during the winter months I do suffer with chapped lips anyway, so this would be a disaster. However I am so impressed with this formulation. It is super hydrating and also pretty long lasting, which it claims to be. The pigment is also strong so a little goes a long way and it glides onto the lips really easily.
The bullets have a square, angled tip which I have found helps with the application and precision. Let's be honest, we don't always use a brush and certainly aren't all organised enough to carry one around, so this is very useful!
Finally, I just love the shades that they come in. Charlotte has designed 10 colours in the matte, and they are all so flattering with everyone's skin tones. I mentioned in my recent October favourites video the 'Glastonberry' colour which I have been loving. Being so pale I have previously struggled to find a berry shade that suits me, but now I have.
Today I have been wearing 'Bond Girl' which I would never normally buy after swatching, as it is more brown/plum toned, however I had it in my kit and went for it. I must say....I'm a big fan!


Bond Girl 
If you are happy to spend a little more on your products, then I would highly recommend Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution. 

Glastonberry, Bond Girl, Red Carpet Red




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pennies and Feathers. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig